4.24.2009

UTAH UPLOAD

It's been a CRAZY couple weeks here in utah!! I have seen some incredible places on this trip that have changed my perspective on climbing. It kicked off when I went to Indian Creek with my buddies Nick and Jared. I am so syked these guys got me amped on this style. Its such a different approach to solving the puzzle than sport climbing. I am not trying to find holds on a face...I see the holds, its just a continuous crack that you have to understand. Well from there I headed up to SLC to catch up with my old friends Ty and Zak from back in Dallas days. I have been hanging out with my friend Tobias Macphee, an up and coming photographer and he has been taking some awesome photos, check out some more right here




I was on Bully the other day...I was about to hook it up nice and quick when I slipped off at the top and due to a poorly built landing I rolled my ankle!!!

I was out of the game for about a week from outdoor climbing, and was forced to train in the gym using my foot as little as possible. After I was able to squeeze my foot into a sport climbing shoe again I headed out to try some climbing in Big Cottonwood. The goal was a route called 'Dog Eat Dog' an infamous Johnny Woodward first accent that has yet to see a second. I worked out the moves but was all haggard from a late night, so I will need to head back up to hook it up!

No comments: