3.13.2009

INGLORIOUS BASTERDS and the Texas Life

Well,
Training and working in Dallas has been keeping me very motivated to stay at it and keep going hard. After nationals in Colorado, I was particularly syked up to try some local projects. But being that everyone had work or school, I found myself heading out for a session by myself. I headed up to Nolan River with 2 pads and started trying my skills on some climbs. After warming up I started working the moves on Superfly briefly, only to turn and look at Days on the Block, V10. Ryan Sewell had put it up while I was off in Europe and it looked enticing. after a couple tries I was on top and feeling syked. Now it was time for the true goal, the sit start. Once again, feeling out the moves getting everything feeling good. Then, on my first redpoint attempt I fell on the last move, a dyno of Days on the Block. Extremely surprised and excited I eagerly kept jumping on only to get to that last move. After no joke 12 or 13 more tries falling on the last move, I decide to take a rest and gather some strength. half an hour later, I stick the right hand crimp...huck...stick! The rush of excitement was exhilerating as I topped out the newest line at Nolan, Inglorious Basterds, V12. I have been meaning to get out there with actual people to get a video up or at least some pictures, until then, here is a clip of Sewell on the stand, enjoy...

No comments: