2.18.2009

Progression

Well I am back from boulder nationals. I can't say it was the worst trip in the world. I didn't have the greatest climbing day ever, but still ended in 15th. Also, after removing non-US competitors I was sitting in 12th place which qualifies me to compete with the World Cup in Vail during the Teva Games this year...Really excited to represent the country at that level!! Having more competitions with that caliber of climbers in it is crucial for the sport to grow. I am not entirely sure of my exact plans after the competition. Before, my primary goal for the spring was a trip to the VRG to try, among others, the infamous Necessary Evil, 5.14c/8c+. Although that remains, I am going to prepare for the WC as well.

Another progression in my climbing I have been focusing on recently is my training. My philosophy about climbing revolves around the renaissance theory: in order to climb at your maximum potential it is necessary to be as skilled as possible in as many aspects of the sport as possible. This dives into constant debate among many climbers about which is better, climbing on outdoor rock or training in a gym. My take is that all parts sit equally important in my eyes. So...while here in Dallas, besides trying some local projects, I spend an abundant amount of my time training and preparing myself for the goals I set this year. After talking with everyone about climbing, workouts, and general fitness, I decided to begin posting some workouts on the blog.

So, until then, I'm throwing something a lil old school to entertain, hopefully my future will find me here soon enough...

No comments: